Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Scar



I stare at the scar 

Patched up 

Sealed

Healed even maybe 

And I smile 

At the uprising that takes place within 

Sadness 

Grief 

Anger 

Even love at the same time 

The memory arises of the pain there was 

Of the pain that caused it 

Of the pain that it left behind 

And I smile 

Yet again 

Through that pain I met a part of me

That has the fortitude and resilience

Of a woman 

Who knows what it is to birth a child 

Through that pain I met the part of me

That has love and compassion 

As she holds herself and her sisters in a quiet embrace 

In it, I found the strength 

To gather pieces and stitch them together 

Piece by piece 

Of me

And from it, I rose

To stand tall and tell my story 

I stare at the scar with love

It’s beauty brings a tear to my eye 

No comments:

Post a Comment