Thursday, April 29, 2021

I wish...

I wish I was a parking ticket
Easy to be validated
I wish I was a chubby puppy
So easy to love
I wish I was like the sun
Radiant with my own light 
I wish I was the moon
Content shining the light from another 
I wish I was a flower
Touching this world with Beauty
I wish I was a tiny bug
No one would ever see me
I wish I was the majestic mountain
Still, never missed for being gigantic 
I  wish I was tall like her
So I could walk with grace
And I wish I had her body
So I could dress with finesse 
I wish I was good at math
So I could plan my financial life
And I wish I was creative 
I expressed myself with ease
I wish I was smarter 
And stood as equal with the intellectuals 
I wish I was calmer
So I could navigate my relationships with ease
I wish I was someone else
Who didn’t have these words to pen
In all these wishes the only wish I really had
Was that I wish I wasn’t me

I wish I wasn’t ashamed 
Of the choices I made when I was younger
I wish I wasn’t embarrassed  
Of the pain that still scars my wrist
I wish I wasn’t scared
Of the voices that screamed even in my dreams
I wish I wasn’t guilty 
When I wasn’t even involved
I wish I had said no
When I didn’t want to say yes
I wish I had pushed back
When I wanted to build a wall
I wish I had forgiven
Instead of letting it rot
I wish I has spoken 
Instead of maintaining peace
I wish I was silent
When all I released was poison
I wish I had held back
When I raised my hand in despair
I wish I had opened my arms
When I really wanted to be held
I wish I had stood up
Instead of staying down
In all these wishes the only wish I really had
Was that I wish I has just been happy to be Me


No comments:

Post a Comment