Saturday, April 26, 2014

To those, who in the past, predicted the future

An ode to the all the helpers
That met me along my journey
Read my horoscopes, analysed my charts
Ended all hope, before it could start.

Told me that I would eventually survive
But never be able to really thrive
Never find love or happiness in life
Be someone's mother or someone's wife.

Took all my greatest fears, turned them into ammunition
Set my dreams and desires up for a final cremation
Broken pieces of my heart they danced upon
I didn't even know this was life's greatest con

From runes to tarot to the crystal ball,
In search of that store in the back of the mall
Where hope was sold and the future could be bought
In a mangled mess of soothsayers I was caught.

Till the day He showed Himself, And it took one instant
To know He was watching and vigilant, caring and constant
Didn't need no prophecy of man  to show me my direction
I was always surrounded by divine love and protection

Now wiser and stronger, I know you played your part
Creating darkness and despair that you were able to jump start
As soon as He came, my fears took flight
Thank you for driving me toward the Light.





No comments:

Post a Comment